Wednesday 26 August 2020

Magneturtle

 

Magneturtle

 Last week I went to an Australian beach and saw a turquoise turtle with big black eyes. I thought it was cute so I pet its shell. I realised the back of its shell looked like a spider web. After a while we went back to the airport to go back home to New Zealand. When we got back home I walked my way down to the beach and saw something extraordinary! The exact same turtle from Australia! I ran up to it and studied it carefully. I used my phone camera and zoomed in on it. It had a sort of Magnetic Touch on it.

 A Sea turtle uses the earth's magnetic fields to navigate their way back to the place where they were born many years earlier. It finds the magnetic field from sensing the invisible lines in the ocean leading from New Zealand to Australia. It returned back to New Zealand because it needed to lay its eggs back on the beach it was born at. Every year it returns back to lay its eggs so I was lucky catching it. It moved over to Australia to get warmer water and richer fish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.